Mob Spawners

Mob Spawners appear in Dungeons, Abandoned Mineshafts, and Strongholds.


The chest(s) usually contain buckets, string, iron ingots, diamonds, armorsaddles, bread, redstone, cocoa beans and music discs. The music discs however are always "Cat" and "13".

How to find them

They are easiest found by the mossy cobblestone, which is realisticly cobblestone with some greenery on it, however this is the only place you can find it. Another way to find it is look for regular cobblestone, as all the rock you see should be stone whilst you are mining. The seed you are on depends how many dungeons there are. The monsters that spawn are the easiest method of getting loot, surrounding them with torches prevent anything spawning from them. The monsters that can spawn are Blazes, Zombies, Silverfish, Skeletons, Cave Spiders, and Spiders. Creepers will not spawn from them.


These are the places where Mob Spawners can be found:

  • Dungeons: Spawn Zombies (50% Chance) Skeletons (25% Chance) Spiders (25% Chance). One per Dungeon.
  • Abandoned Mineshafts: Spawns Cave Spiders, surrounded by Cobwebs.
  • Strongholds: Spawns Silverfish. Located in The End Portal room. One per Stronghold.
  • Nether Fortresses: Spawns Blazes. Located on The Nether Fortresses balconies with stairs leading up to them.
  • Spawners are not collectable nor are they craftable.